10 October 2008

Amy Cooks, Aliza Looks (and chops tomatoes)

Jesse has been doing a lot of cooking lately, and I am very sorry that we have been providing our blog readers with rather meager rations. But I promise, we have been eating. As things have gotten busier (at least for me), I have taken to relying on the ol' Trader Joe's frozen foods. It is embarrassing and the high sodium content causes bloating, which is also embarrassing. So I am proud to announce that I actually did something in the kitchen that involved fresh food.

I went over to Amy's house on Tuesday so we could watch the presidential debate in terror. Mainly terror because the fact that people could even consider McCain is scary. JesseCooks;AlizaLooks Officially endorses Obama (though Jesse might be the only person in his profession who is a democrat).

But anyway, food. Amy had a whole variety of fresh foods from a farmer's market. Also, Michael had grown tomatoes at his house and they were ripe, so we were putting them in the salad. I mainly looked as Amy cut basil, cut mozzarella, cooked eggplant, put said eggplant into an amazing eggplant yogurt dip, cut avocado, and placed avocado in amazing salad with fresh pomengranate seeds and apples and lettuce and other goodies. However, I wasn't a total bum, mooching off of my friend-cum-vegetarian chef extraordinaire.

I CHOPPED TOMATOES.

Tomato:















They were even small tomatoes so it was sort of hard.

As the voters of the heartland gave us heartburn, this meal soothed our stomachs and souls.

1 comment:

Amy H said...

those tomatoes were excellently chopped, too!